Wednesday, December 06, 2006

DINING OUT IN TORONTO @ YOUNG/BLOOR "THE BAY" - VIDEOCLIPE OF THE WEEK - Houk's "Wstań"



(Photos: A foggy evening in a hood we call Symington. Right: Zack ingests some fair to poor quality desserts at THE BAY)

Flu's come when you really don't want them, but I've actually been free of one long enough. I'm sure my cold came from taking public transit where people cough and clip their fingernails with abandon. Class!

Before I got sick however, Zack and I ventured to a "hidden" all you can eat at the somewhat dingy BAY department store last Wednesday. You need to take the escalator to the 5th floor in order to hit the golden gates of HUDSON BAY COMPANY's culinary garden of Eden.

Growing up in Oshawa, and going to the Oshawa Centre in the 80's, THE CANADIANA RESTAURANT was one of the few restaurants that was somewhat passable in the dingy mall. If one could call it an upscale cafeteria, it was.

For Wednesday "all you can eat" evening, there's few people around. Zack whines about the cole slaw being there "since 10:30 or 11 this morning". The meatballs and sweet and sour chicken strike a delish cord and also seem denture friendly. The shepherd's pie has beef that has a texture of sand littered with the occasional corn kernel. Only one of the pop fountain taps, works. Ginger ale anyone?

A nosy busy body sits next to us ease-dropping in the close to vacant restaurant, meanwhile we eyeball the walls in need of a paint job. Zack looks like I've brought him to hell. Geez, it's just dinner! ;)

Dinner for 2 will be about $30 for the ALL YOU CAN EAT. This is urban exploration for the palette!

Now, for the VIDEOCLIPE OF THE WEEK - I couldn't believe that I found this vintage video from HOUK, a Polish-Christian metal band, and classic Izabelin Studio sounds from the mid 90's. It's funny seeing how cheap Polish music videos use to look, and while there seeing many along the same lines. I wonder WHO taped this off of TV Polonia! E tak dali....

Anyhow, enjoy my classic VIDEOCLIPE OF THE WEEK! Time for me to grab some more soup and attack this flu. Na zdrowie!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home