Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Last day of summer BLOOZ

Sadly, today marks the last day of summer and the muti thing is, I barely did ANYTHING with it. There were no exotic trips, cottaging, etc. My plans were to fly into Moscow then from there go to Finland and Estonia, but with flights for August "Starting" at $2000 going upwards, it seemed like I would be yet again enjoying what Toronto had to offer for the summer.

Actually, hanging out with some friends here that were very adventurous, we got to do some fun things including lots of street festivals and such. We went to the CNE twice this year (Canadian National Exhibition) which I forgot how much fun it is. One could agree with the writer from Eye Magazine who wished we had something like the CNE going on all year for Toronto. On two visits to the CNE I got to a) See a stuffed 3 eyed & 2 snouted pig in a freak show, b) buy a cool Football jersey, c) Eat the only Pizza Delight basically left in Southern Ontario and d) Grab a David Hasselhoff CD. Oh yeah, we forgot about the human cannonball! And last weekend here was the Polish Street Festival which was OK, but really lean on the Polish product and music. There were lineups for perogies and sausages and the occasional Euro food vendor, for the most part, there was very little that seemed Polish. Roncesvalles is rich with a Polish-Canadian culture and should maybe be reflected a little more in the fest. But Minna and I had a good time.

But I'll actually miss summer here in Toronto because there was just a lot going on and for very little money. Lots of times, friends and I just walked around and maybe grabbed something to eat at the "under $5" level. There were always bad bands playing. But again, it's fun just to be able to go out and hit up the street fests. Good times.

I've been busy working on 2 projects in the meantime, and doing some interview stuff for the new KONFLIKT IN THE KINO. It's going to be great, but I really need some time off as I'm getting burnt out. But them the breaks.

Anyhow, go out and enjoy the last night of summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home