Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's a New Year - And it's snowing!


I'm back home right now visiting my folks and
it looks like snow has returned for 2006. I drove
up some crappy roads while booming a $2 copy of the O'Town cd. Sad eh?

So yeah, it's a new year. I rung it in on a weirder note just spending some quality time by myself after being exhausted from the holidays and heading straight back into work. But it did throw me a couple curveballs right around 12.

But I was feeling in a bit of a funk. The last 2 years I've rang in my new years in Richmond, Virginia which has always been fun. One year it was in an alleyway on a hill looking for firecrackers and last year it was hearing local yokels firing their guns into the sky and moving somewhere safe just in case. Being in Canada this year just had a weird feel to it.

City TV had their "Canada New Years" bash which began at 11. It was unbearable to watch. The Shawn Desman peformance was fun but the hosts looked like they came out of an Etobicoke dinner theatre version of "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas". Blah. I threw on my Tims and went out walking to 7-11 for something (around 11:20). Shortly before midnight I grabbed a soyamilk and wished a happy new year to the poor butch-lesbian-Philippino behind the cash, then started walking again. I heard some cheers and that "pop pop!". Great, gunshots I thought as it sounded like screams, but then looking towards a park I saw some great firecrackers as some locals decided to screw the bylaw. The sky was clear so they looked awesome. Then I made my trek home.

Here's hoping that 2006 will be a great year for us all. 2005 was a very interesting year for me on many levels, expanding what I do outside of the typical parameters. But here's hoping we all achieve our goals and dreams for the new year.

Oh yeah, this photo I had taken with my new digital camera outside my parents door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home